governance, fesco, board, etc.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 20:46:29 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:35:22 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Yes, for many things and many cases things are working quite well.  There are
>>> some rough spots, nobody is saying it's perfect, but to say that it's
>>> completely non-functional is just bologna.
>>>
>> Then let me ask directly: How could it happen that this kernel package
>> was released?
>>
>> My interpretation of this incident: "system failure".
>> Whatever this system is - be it automatic, be it human.
>>
>> IMO, EVR breakages and repo inconsistency are avoidable and would expect
>> Michael to have scripts for this.
>>

> As I don't completely understand that sentence, just to make one thing
> clear, I'm not involved in F7 update releases at all.
>
> Additionally, I'd like to point out that criticism and input, which sound
> negative, should not be seen as nothing else than complaints. The project
> used to be more open to feedback of all sorts. In some parts of the Fedora
> Project there's a growing tendency to meet criticism with phrases like
> "put up or shut up". Not desirable.

I'm a firm believer that talk is cheap and that we need more workers.
For those that aren't familiar with the idiom:

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+up+or+shut+up

I don't find Ralf criticisms to be constructive at all.  Especially
since many are just saying "I don't like it" and don't even attempt to
suggest a fix much less actually provide a designed fix much less an
actual working patch.  Luke has been asking for feedback and testers for
a very long time, I wonder how many he got.

    -Mike