governance, fesco, board, etc.

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:17:59 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:35:22 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> As I don't completely understand that sentence, just to make one
>> thing clear, I'm not involved in F7 update releases at all.
>>
>> Additionally, I'd like to point out that criticism and input,
>> which sound negative, should not be seen as nothing else than
>> complaints. The project used to be more open to feedback of all
>> sorts. In some parts of the Fedora Project there's a growing
>> tendency to meet criticism with phrases like "put up or shut up".
>> Not desirable.
>>

> I'm a firm believer that talk is cheap and that we need more
> workers.  For those that aren't familiar with the idiom:
>
> http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+up+or+shut+up
>
> I don't find Ralf criticisms to be constructive at all.  Especially
>  since many are just saying "I don't like it" and don't even
> attempt to suggest a fix much less actually provide a designed fix
> much less an actual working patch.  Luke has been asking for
> feedback and testers for a very long time, I wonder how many he
> got.
>
> -Mike

(lurk mode off)

I have followed this thread, and several others, since they started
when Fedora 7 was released. I don't really belong here, I am not a
developer, but I am an end user with an opinion.

I agree with what Mike, and several other Fedora/Redhat,  people have
said. Criticisms made, it appears, to just complain does no good. I
think that you are doing a great job. Really. I seldom, if ever, have
a problem. I have not ever had a major problem.

Most of the problems that I have seen on the fedora-list are Pebcak,
or did not read the Release notes, or read the FAQ, or read the known
problems/solutions, or a combination of the listed. Or all of the
listed for that matter.

I have had 'bumps' but never the _disaster_ that so many complain
about there. Remember this Mr. Developer/Engineer/Maintainer. There
are more people like me than there are of them. And we appreciate your
efforts. If I have forgotten to mention anyone one - you count too.

Again. Great job.

(lurk mode on)

- --

  David