ambassadors "conflict of interest"

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:24:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Gianluca Sforna <giallu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please accept my apologies if this is not the proper place to ask.
>
> I've never read anything against this, so I'm wondering if it was ever
> brought up at all.
>
> Are Fedora ambassadors allowed to also be <put your alternate distro
> name here> ambassadors?

I don't think it should be a problem. I know where I live.. there are
few Linux people and each one runs something different. The people who
are effective in communicating Linux in general usually have to show
why choice is available and that people need to find what is best for
them. This means they are usually wearing 2-3 hats of "Gentoo",
"Debian", "Ubuntu", "Slackware" and "Fedora" to get enough other
people to show up at an event to show that this is not a crazy flash
in the pan (and yes there are still a lot of people who think Linux
will go away any time soon.)

In this case the ambassador is working on getting 'peace' between
various factions for a larger win.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning