Fedora Board Recap 2009-12-17 UTC 1700

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sat Dec 19 20:29:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, William Jon McCann wrote:

> > The whiteboard:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/Whiteboards/UpdateExperience
> >
> > is almost entirely FESCo or other team based.
>
> Exactly, the Chairman of board doesn't seem to agree with that.  I

Ok I've got to say this.  Your deflection tactics have got to stop.  You
need to let people speak for themselves.  When someone on the call
disagreed with you yesterday about QA, you said "well will woods thinks
it's a great idea".  When I think something is for Fesco you say "Well the
Chairman of the board doesn't seem to agree with that".

It's not getting you anywhere and bad it's form.  Besides, just because
someone agrees with you (or me) doesn't make it so.  If you're not alone
on this, have them come and speak up and be willing to let them do that.
Otherwise stick to what you think on your own.  When the whiteboard was
brought up to the FAB in October [1] it was met with complete silence.

	-Mike

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00127.html