Fedora vision & more specific goals

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 22:01:20 UTC 2010

On 12/01/2010 11:21 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) said:
>>> 2) A formal charter of some sort is needed because what we have as a
>>> wiki and some documents does not scale for larger than 60-120 people.
>>> After that size some human brain automatically makes some other person
>>> a non-entity at some point in the conversation and people have no idea
>>> where they stand. It doesn't matter if the people know and work next
>>> to each other.. once their brains start taking in the fact that their
>>> overall group is larger than X (where X is some built in variable per
>>> human brain) they require more formalized rules.
>>>
>>> Basically, people who want less rules and bureaucracy can only get
>>> away with it in smaller groups. At some size we don't scale complexity
>>> linearly any more and it all goes to hell. [Humans suck for community
>>> building.. but they won't fund my T7000 project to replace them.]
>>>
>> I could definitely go for this.  it is though, rather than a bi-yearly
>> meeting, an in depth FAD on Governance.  So I still don't know that we
>> should arbitrarily say that we should meet every six months but this sounds
>> like a good topic to hold a FAD on.
> I would be concerned that a FAD that brings together the majority of
> Board, FESCo, and FAMSCo members may be more cost proihibitive than most FADs.
> But I suspect that it could be justified.
>
> How much representation of the groups do we have signed up @ FUDCon?
For the Board, the only member not signed up is Jaroslav. (And
$futureappointee's attendance status is unknown, of course.)

 From FESCo: Matthew Garrett, Matthias Clasen, and Marcela Mašláňová are
not signed up.

 From FAmSCo: Rahul Sundaram, Pierros Papadeas, and Caius Chance are not
signed up. Gerard Braad is signed up, but is in line for any additional
subsidies we may be able to provide, so it's not guaranteed he'll be
attending at this point.

-Robyn