Fedora vision & more specific goals

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:17:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 04:59:32PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
>> > I would be concerned that a FAD that brings together the majority of
>> > Board, FESCo, and FAMSCo members may be more cost proihibitive than most FADs.
>> > But I suspect that it could be justified.
>> >
>> > How much representation of the groups do we have signed up @ FUDCon?
>>
>> And, answering my own question...
>>
>> FPL will be present, of course.
>>
>> 7 of 9 Board members are scheduled to be there (missing Jaroslav Reznik, and
>> the to-be-appointed seat.)
>>
>> 5 of 9 FESCo members are scheduled to be there (missing Adam Jackson,
>> Matthew Garrett, Marcela Mašláňová, and Matthias Clasen)
>>
>> 4 of 7 FAMSCo members are scheduled to be there (missing Rahul Sundaram,
>> Pierros Papadeas, and Caius Chance)
>>
> Note that in doing this we'd be sacrificing the hackfest time for these
> people.  I can do that but it's good to have on the tale up front.

I agree, not to mention that those people wouldn't get the time to
interact with the rest of the folks at the FUDCon.

I'd definitely see FUDCon as a great way for the Board, FESCo, and
FAmSCo to get feedback about $myriadissues from various groups and
members of the community, and work with those people on solving
problems - meeting together in person, IMO, would be best done at
another time (perhaps following interacting with all community folks,
finding out what community people think are important issues, etc.)

-robyn