Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Fri Dec 3 16:43:35 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com>
To: advisory-board at lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Friday, December 3, 2010 9:27:48 AM GMT -07:00 U.S. Mountain Time (Arizona)
Subject: Re: Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

On 12/03/2010 02:49 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 14:46 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 12/03/2010 02:07 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>> Asking us to create additional for-print artwork while I am eating
>>> dinner and asking for a turnaround of less than 24 hours before a
>>> release when we are neck-deep in last minute wallpaper, icon, and splash
>>> artwork bugs is not the way to get things done.
>> These kind of *incidents* usually indicate a lack of formal procedure so
>> I ask you this Máirín has the Design Team a request deadline ( or some
>> other formal procedure/schedule ) for this kind of stuff?
>>
>> If not perhaps the Design Team should consider implementing one which
>> should prevent these kind of *incidents* from happening in the future.
> Yes, we ask that such requests are received by the alpha release.

Hum..

I'm pretty sure Christoph would have followed any procedure if he had
been aware of it but then again people make mistakes all the time after
all that's what's makes us human.

Do you inform/announce/remind the relevant parties in the community
about your release schedule at the beginning of each release cycle?

As it currently stands, the schedule doesn't have a date for notifying that there is a artwork request deadline for CD artwork.  The Ambassadors schedule, last cycle, was changed to reflect that any CD artwork requests be in by the Beta release date, since artwork for CDs (and other things) begins then on the Design team schedule.

In the interest of getting back to the topic at hand (How to fix spins and what is the project's position on them, not How to Dissect Who is Following the Schedule Properly), I will do my part to help fix part of Spins by taking this part (the schedule part) of the thread over to the design-team list and making sure that we have the appropriate dates in their schedule so that EVERYONE can be on the same page, and make sure that deadline is called out loud and clear every cycle.

-robyn

JBG