Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Greg DeKoenigsberg greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 02:51:57 UTC 2010

> > I think that we should treat them with the respect they are due.  I
> > think we should say "our primary focus is the GNOME Desktop, but your
> > work is also very valuable, and to that end, we can promise resources
> > X and Y, and even though we can't promise resources Q and Z, we're
> > willing to have conversations about how to grow those resources so
> > that, one day, we can offer them."
>
> Yes +1

I'm glad you agree with this.

Now I wonder if you can take the next step, and consider "front page real
estate" one of those issues that might be worth discussing.  Because as of
right now, it seems as though you're rejecting that discussion out of hand.

I believe that there are creative ways of making it clear that there is One
Approved Choice for the novice, while at the same time doing more to
celebrate some of our other spins.  I really, truly, deeply believe that.

Can we have that conversation without characterizing it as "a
choose-your-own adventure clubhouse type of affair"?

--g