Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Dec 5 04:47:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 22:37:55 -0500,
  Greg DeKoenigsberg <greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Spins folks: what steps would *you* be satisfied with?  Come with proposals.

I'd rather see fewer ISO's and better help on how to make your own live
image with up to date packages when you want it. If you are really going
to use a live image, you want it on a USB drive. This allows much larger
images (if say you want all of the games), runs faster and is updatable.

I don't think downloadable ISOs make sense for a lot of the specialty
ISOs as the people using them are typically going to be capable of making
their own based off published kickstart files. ISOs make more sense for
novices.

There are some issues in going down this path, but there has been recent
discussion about being careful not to break anaconda with updates (in
other packages) during a release.