Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 6 17:52:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 10:31:32 -0700,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:
> Short term the spins sig is currently dead. We could:
> a) Try and revitalize it. This is going to take someone stepping up as
> spins wrangler, owners of spins stepping up to attend meetings and help

I really need to finish up my Spins SIG job descriptions. The leader and the
wranger can (and should) be different people. We first need an energenic
leader with some opinions on what spins should be. The wrangler job is
easier (especially if there are people to delegate some tasks to).

> b) Move spins to be controlled by sigs. The problem with this is that
> then there is no one watching dates, controlling when things are
> committed to SCM, approved, etc.

This could work if we limited ourselves to a few spins with strong SIGs
behind them. But someone would need to decide which spins had strong enough
backing to do this for.