Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 6 22:19:01 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 06.12.2010, 17:02 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 22:51 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Samstag, den 04.12.2010, 22:31 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> > >
> > > Are we really confident that each spin really should be getting lots of
> > > exposure, though? E.g., I've personally gotten egg on my face before for
> > > promoting the Design Suite spin... apparently for F13 it did not have a
> > > working network stack... e.g., Network Manager wasn't installed so if
> > > you're running it you can't even get a wired connection up to download
> > > it...
> >
> > This makes me wonder why the Design Suite is the only spin that is
> > advertised on the fp.o frontpage.
>
> No. What are you talking about?

About the 3rd slide in the slide show on https://fedoraproject.org/

<quote>
A full suite of design tools
The Fedora Design Suite was constructed for designers, by designers. It
features the tools the Fedora Design Team uses on a daily basis to
create the wallpapers, icons, and interfaces you see in Fedora. The spin
includes everything from document layouts, to vector and bitmap
graphics, to 3D modeling.

Learn More > http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design
</quote>

Regards,