Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 6 22:24:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 23:19 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> A full suite of design tools
> The Fedora Design Suite was constructed for designers, by designers. It
> features the tools the Fedora Design Team uses on a daily basis to
> create the wallpapers, icons, and interfaces you see in Fedora. The spin
> includes everything from document layouts, to vector and bitmap
> graphics, to 3D modeling.
>
> Learn More > http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design

It was a feature for the F13 release. We took the three or four features
from the F13 release that we had copy for and used them in the slides -
we picked the slides based on those which we had photographs or
screenshots for as those were the easiest.

The mockups including those slides have been available since shortly
after F13's release in a series of blog posts I made to Fedora Planet
regarding the new redesign. I believe I solicited feedback and ideas on
content for the slides, and the community slide was based on the single
piece of feedback I received.

If you wanted a slide for your spin(s) that would have been very much
welcomed and considered when those mockups were posted, especially if
content/copy was provided. As always, the websites team is very open &
willing to advertise any subproject within Fedora that asks.

Did you ask for a slide?

~m