Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 7 08:30:38 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 06.12.2010, 18:33 -0800 schrieb Adam Williamson:

> I think Mike was working on the assumption that you were asking for
> spins to be allowed to include any packages they like (including ones
> that don't meet Fedora's guidelines); I think that wasn't actually so
> clear and probably isn't what you meant, but it might be best to
> clarify: what exactly do you mean by 'allow the spins to ship the
> software they need for their use case', and in what way is this not
> currently the case?

In the mail you just responded to I already mentioned SQLninja, a tool
that has been on the whishlist for the Security spin for months. It's
ironic we advertise security analysis on the fpo frontpage but don't
allow a well established security analysis tool to be included in
Fedora.

Looking through bugzilla reviews that were closed WONTFIX or through the
mailing list archives, I'd probably find more examples, e.g. games.

Regards,
Christoph