Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:31:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Christoph Wickert  wrote:

> In the mail you just responded to I already mentioned SQLninja, a tool
> that has been on the whishlist for the Security spin for months. It's
> ironic we advertise security analysis on the fpo frontpage but don't
> allow a well established security analysis tool to be included in
> Fedora.

I suspect your complaint was read by many as package foo is already in the
repo but spin bar is not being allowed to include it which would be a odd
problem but if a package itself is not in the repository due to board's
concerns then we just need to wait for the board to finish their
re-evaluation.  Since they have already said they will, this is being given
due consideration.

> Looking through bugzilla reviews that were closed WONTFIX or through the
> mailing list archives, I'd probably find more examples, e.g. games.

If you can find packages that board decided not to allow, sure, bring it
up.  I don't remember any such cases besides SQLninja.  Everything else was
either discarded due to non-conformance with legal or packaging guidelines.

Rahul