Multi-desktop spin

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:37:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 17:03, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.12.2010, 19:23 -0700 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:
>> Ok I started playing around with a multi-desktop kickstart.
>
> Could you tell me more about it? The initial approach was based on ISOs
> so we have the images in place to burn them later.

At this point it is meant to be one USB with multiple logins. This is
mainly because I found my systems either don't burn or understand dual
layer ISOs. So I want to play with something that will run on my
boxes.

> How do you handle the package selection for installation? Anaconda just
> copies images, does this mean it installs *all* desktops?

I thought installation was via something other than anaconda. My plan
is to work on getting anaconda to run against a kickstart per desktop.
Thus if you really like the LXDE, one could run anaconda against a
kickstart that chooses items for lxde or some such thing.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren