GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 18:55:15 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 06:34 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'm sorry, what corporate monopolist is behind the gnome project
> upstream wanting to showcase their artwork in the first major
> distribution to feature their new desktop?

I was not referring to the Gnome project + We are the distribution that
get mostly praised for the distribution artwork afaik so if anything we
should created our artwork as usual and Gnome should use that from my
perspective.

I was referring to Nicu blog post and what he was mentioned in the
meeting specifically.

"Then the bomb dropped: Mo forwarded a "special request" (from the sound
of it looks non-negotiable) from the Red Hat Desktop Team: in Fedora 15
the wallpaper in the default spin, the Desktop Live CD, which is under
discretionary control of the RHDT, to be the default upstream GNOME 3
wallpaper."

And

"19:20:09 <mizmo> nicubunu, i dont think so, the thing that is different
now than what has happened before is that as part of my full-time job at
red hat, i keep this team running
19:20:28 <mizmo> nicubunu, having the design team for Fedora is really
important enough that i'm paid to make sure it's going"

"I keep this team running" there's no I in team...

JBG