GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 16 07:29:57 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 11:27 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 08:32 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Have you contacted any member of the Fedora design team to ask them if
>> they read my statement in the logs as you are interpreting it here or if
>> any of them have taken any other issue with it?
>
> Other than reading what Nicu wrote and pointed out no.
>
> I both trust and value his input very much he's an individual that is
> not afraid to speak up and show concerns when there is a reason to do
> so, so when he does I take notice as I do with several other members in
> various community's within the project even thou we don't often share
> the same view on things.

Since I am the subject, let me give my direct opinion on this: nobody is
pointing fingers at Mo, she is a great team leader and someone we all
respect. At the same time, any long-time member of the community who
watched the development closely can make an educated guess about the
limitations of her freedom.

It also should be noted my blog post that is discussed here is not
triggered by an isolated event, it is the sum of the experience gathered
in time, since before the Fedora 7 release (the time when the Design
Team started to get into play).