GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 16 10:18:20 UTC 2010

On 12/16/2010 10:43 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Our desktop team should be informing us ( us meaning community ).
>
> * What they are trying to achieve
> * Where they are heading
> * Where they are at in that process
> * Where they are going next
> * What obstacles they have faced
> * What obstacles they are now are facing
> * What they need from us ( us meaning community ) to get there and
> achieve their goal

This is an easy one: there are people in the community that believe in
the GNOME OS (see
http://www.slideshare.net/jonmccann/guadec-2010shellyes) and they do it
inside Fedora only because from there comes the paycheck and there are
people in the community that believe in the Fedora OS, on which GNOME is
just a part. A part that may be replaced, if the case.

There is a long standing conflict on those two visions and from them
years of debate.