GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 16:41:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 11:21 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > I think there's an interesting difference here in that Fedora's
> > 'desktop' team is almost entirely composed of people who are significant
> > upstream GNOME developers. The other desktop teams are not. Fedora's KDE
> > packagers are not core KDE developers (some are contributors, but not
> > all, and not to the extent of the 'desktop' team), Xfce packagers are
> > not core Xfce developers, LXDE packagers are not core LXDE developers.
>
> I'd expect to see upstream development happening transparently on an
> upstream list.  Perhaps this is what we're looking for?

Indeed - I'm subscribed to those lists, personally. But that's kinda the
point: Fedora and upstream development, for GNOME, are blurred to the
point that you may as well just subscribe to the upstream lists. :) It's
not necessarily a bad thing, as I said, but it's different.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey