GNOME as the default desktop (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:07:33 UTC 2010

On 12/16/2010 06:28 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> If what you want to talk about has drifted away to something
> related..but clearly different to the extent that you have to ask here
> if her comment related to what you want to talk about_now_...  then
> its really time for you to start a new thread with a clean starting
> point for the_new_  conversation you want to have. It's going to save
> a lot of people a lot of anguish

I thought I was still on topic with CW original post regardless if I am
or not if I have caused a lot of people a lot of anguish or even
offended anyone with my honest criticism I apologize for that.

I am a very frank person by nature and lack subtleties and on top of
that my bad English is not to improve the situation, people have to keep
that in mind when reading my replies or are in any other communication
with me.

I have try to improve myself in that regard but am failing miserably as
you can all clearly see and don't hesitate to point me out if I need to
be more subtle preferably with example on how I could have worded things
better, hopefully it will start slowly sinking into my brain and I will
become a better man as result of it.

I think the underlying issue might finally have reach the surface which
in the end might have had very little to do with the Design team but a
lot to do with the Fedora Gnome Desktop Team.

The board should be aware of this issue as is Jared and since he's aware
that this has happened more then once ( which usually rings the bell of
"There might be something going amiss here" ) and already is or soon
will be in discussion with the Desktop Team I'm pretty sure he will do
anything what is in his power to improve the situation if he can or at
least communicate back to the community what transpired between them so
we just have to wait and see if something good will come out if this
discussion.

JBG