potential action items from GNOME 3 & F15 drama

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:13:01 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 20.12.2010, 12:17 -0500 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Max Spevack (mspevack at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > == Giving things the most accurate names possible ==
> >
> > Revisit the (IMHO wrong) decision to not call the "Fedora Desktop" the
> > "Fedora GNOME Desktop" and correct this naming for F15 and onward.  Do
> > this in time for F15 Alpha.
> >
> > This is entirely separate from the decision of which spin is featured as
> > the default Fedora download, and I'm *not* trying to re-start that
> > conversation.
>
> This has already been discussed/voted on in the Board a couple
> of times. Are there any new arguments or data points here?

Not really a new argument, but maybe new to some board members: The term
"Desktop Live Media" is confusing people.

I suggest the board members go to an event and do booth service there.
It is a good chance to meet our target audience and explain them over
and over again why this CD is different than the others. People do know
what a live media and an install DVD is, they know GNOME and KDE, many
also Xfce and LXDE, but they are just confused that one media does not
clearly list what it contains.

Regards,
Christoph