[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Wed Nov 24 18:47:11 UTC 2010

----- "Jesse Keating" <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Bob, I appreciate what you're trying to do here.  You don't like the
> policy, particularly when the policy is directed at you.  So now
> you're
> taking every opportunity to poke everybody in the eye with the
> policy.
> It's a fairly common reaction, and a major reason why there was so
> much
> debate about having a policy in the first place (and about having
> hall
> monitors).  It's pretty well known that when a policy exists, people
> will abuse it on purpose, or push the edges of the policy whenever
> possible.  We see it on mailing lists, we see it on IRC, we even see
> it
> in bugzilla.
>
> So I see what you are doing here, and I respectfully ask you to stop.
> Healthy respectful debate regarding a code of conduct is fine, and
> even
> encouraged.  However in my opinion, the behavior you're following
> here
> is not helping your case.
>
> And in case it wasn't clear from my original email, I was not calling
> you a jackass.  I was merely stating the history of the policy.  If
> the
> word itself offends you, I apologize.  In this case I made a judgment
> call to use the word as it was used in the past while debating a code
> of
> conduct, and to illustrate why a different phrase was used.

Jesse, I accept your apology I did take it as yet another veiled stab at me personally as exampled by Mr. Smoogen and others previously. So please accept my apology for taking it the wrong way.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |