[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 26 03:05:17 UTC 2010

> "Be excellent to each other" came from the original policy of "Don't be
> a jackass".  But some thought "Don't be a jackass" was too crass, and
> thus an alternative was proposed, with a touch of humor.  Clearly that's
> lost on many, and is too specific a cultural thing.
>
> "Don't be a jackass" might be easier to understand.

This is a diversion at best.

Nowhere was there mention of the "be excellent to each other" slogan
when I requested a stop to the negative behavior going on here. Arguing
the merits of the slogan is orthogonal to the fact that there was
(easily identified, slogan or not) nastiness going on that had no place
on this or any other Fedora mailing list.

~m