soft launch, Finance SIG

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:31:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> NOTE: I'm posting this to advisory-board and I'll send pointers to the
> thread to ambassadors, famsco, and fudcon planning, so that we can try
> to keep the actual thread on only one list.

Ambitious. I'll try to be in attendance.  The more transparency that
can be brought to financial resource allocation the easier it will be
for everyone to discuss the whens and whys and hows to make the tough
choices on what to spend resources on. We'll always have more ideas
deserving of financial support than financial support. And while
transparency would reduce the inherent conflict in having to make
choices, it will hopefully make it easier for all of us help make the
best possible choices and to live with the choices that have to be
made.

-jef