Looking for feedback on Fedora COC Enforcement Draft

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Mar 6 20:36:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 19:56:56 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> > The Code of Conduct is not a legal document, but I do think there is
> > value in establishing a conscious understanding on the part of the
> > contributor that there is an expectation that they must either
> > follow the COC or face the consequences (which include, but are not
> > limited to, removal from the Fedora Community).
>
> Could you clarify a bit what other action can be taken?

Well, we specifically didn't want to list everything as that would lead
to a 'but you didn't say foobar' type of response.

All kinds of things could be included here, such as (but not at all
limited to):

* setting moderation on someone on a mailing list (requiring a
  moderator to approve posts).
* removing someone from a list.
* banning someone from an irc channel.
* quieting them in an irc channel.
* kicking them from an irc channel.
* removing things like Fedora irc cloaks.
* removing things like fas group memberships.
* removing or reassigning package permissions.
* banning or removing access for networks/ips/etc.

In an ideal world we would never need to do any of these.

kevin