[Design-team] internet censorship statement for fedoraproject.org front page (was Re: FUDcon Board Meeting)

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 18 13:57:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Mairin Duffy Strode
<duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> - does your draft have the legal approval or is that still pending?

Approval from legal is still pending, but I'd be happy enough with a
+1 from Spot.  I don't think there's really anything controversial in
the statement.  I'm also happy for other feedback on the statement in
general, as I'm sure people can wordsmith it better than I can.

> - When do you want us to shift from the US-centric statement to the more generic one you wrote up? Since it is not as time-sensitive as SOPA/PIPA, how long would you like it to stay up for?

As soon as we get it approved I guess.  In the Board meeting, we
agreed to have it stay up until the end of the month.

> - Also, I am not sure all of this text will fit in the banner.... If it doesn't, do you want us to split out a new, separate page or cull it down to fit?

My intention wasn't to put all of the text in the banner -- simply to
link to the wiki page where people could go read the statement.  Does
that work for you?

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader