Regarding personnel changes in Fedora

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 11 21:47:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Eric Christensen
<eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
> The question seems to use a biased either/or question that someone
> filling the position will either be a RH employee or a community
> member where it could be a community member that is hired by RH
> specifically for this job.  Just because someone gets hired by RH
> doesn't mean they are no longer a community member, IMO.

I'll even take this one step farther -- someone (like myself!) might
start out as a community member, get hired by Red Hat to fill a
particular role, and at some point in the future leave Red Hat for
other pursuits.  If you ask me though, I was a community member the
entire time.  I didn't stop becoming a community member just because I
worked for Red Hat.

--
Jared Smith