Thoughts on the future of FUDCon/DoCon

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:43:02 UTC 2012

Apologies in advance for the long mail, but having read
http://wordshack.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/the-future-of-fudcons/ (and
now the comments associated with it), I've got some feedback, and
wanted to get more visibility on-list vs. in a blog post. I wrote most
of this before I had the opportunity to review the feedback on the
post itself, but I think that it is still quite relevant (and a few of
my points haven't yet been brought up):

* Overall, the idea is sound, and basically says what we've known (at
least in NA) for awhile - this is contributor focused event. I
actually think that this is a Good Thing(TM) to keep on track. (I'll
add here that I have never been to a FUDCon outside of North America.