Thoughts on the future of FUDCon/DoCon

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 27 17:46:28 UTC 2012

Replying here is easier (don't have wordpress login).

Yes, keeping Users event is good, but that's one of the Ambassador role.
IMHO we could not have an efficient event for Contributors AND Users.
We have ambassadors who are dealing with users, that's enough. But
contributors events should always stay open to users.

One yearly event is a really nice idea. We always work with world wide
contributors and can only meet few. So sad to not be able to join  all
FUDCons, having only one make it easier and more efficent.

Some regions are so wide that it is as hard to join the FUDCon as to
travel around the world.
See about EMEA going from Africa to Russia…

Yes, we spend so much time organizing FUDCons, and discovering how to do it…
Having only one big, yeah, *BIG* event let us really focus on the
schedule, with people gathering experience about this event
organization. Only one subject let us define one process for one
event. That would be "DoCon"-(meeting|trac
tickets|schedule|website|mailing list|.*) and not one tool for each
regions. We would get more free time.

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)