Fedora Board Recap - 2012-06-06

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Wed Jun 6 21:19:44 UTC 2012

Executive Summary:

The Board met via phone and discussed elections, dealt with a few
tickets, and discussed the ongoing UEFI debate.

Minutes

Fedora Board Phone Meeting 2012-06-06

Present:
* Robyn Bergeron
* Toshio Kuratomi
* Christoph Wickert
* Garrett Holmstrom
* Peter Robinson
* David Nalley
* Rex Dieter
* Jaroslav Reznik (late and Gobby only)
* Guillermo Gómez (late)

Regrets:
* Jon Stanley

Today's lucky secretary: Jaroslav (we can swap this around if the
phone situation sucks today for jreznik)
- still bad :( I'll swap for IRC one)
=======================================

Agenda:

* Announcements
  ** Elections ongoing.  Let people know they should vote.

* Tickets:
  ** 130: Make board less of a single point of failure:
https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/130
	*** Toshio closed out, completed.
  ** 135: Connotation analysis ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/135 David to close
* Follow-up: Release naming process
  - trying to find the time for release naming meeting - pls join
http://www.doodle.com/2y43y5vxxizsqyef
  - seems like Thu 14 and Fri 15 are good candidates
* Follow-up: Spins ticket #95
  - Reporter did not yet respond despite being pinged twice but
promised to look at ticket now
  - Changes ahead:
    - Anaconda
    - Package Presets feature:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackagePresets
    - New FESCo to come
  - Not much the board can do ATM
* Open Floor / Your suggestion here
  - Is any part of the UEFI debate a Board decision?
  - If the tradeoff is freedom vs market share, sounds like it is a Board issue.
  - But there is a significant technical component as well and we don't want to
    meddle at a level that is within FESCo's purview.
* Next meeting: IRC, 2012-06-13