[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:20:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:25 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/13/2012 01:00 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>> Agreed.  When I ran for FESCO, among my reasons for self-nominating
>> (other than having ideas about what FESCO should do and delusions that
>> I had contribution to make) was that the nominee pool was, at that
>> time, short of what was required to hold the election.
>>
>> And I got in.
>

> Here you claim you got automatically in because the nomination pool was to
> short
>

>> And if I'm what you'd consider popular, I suggest taking a few steps
>> into the big blue room with the green carpet and having a look-see.
>

> You certainly are far from being on my popular list and I suggest next time
> you at least communicate with feature process owners before you start
> royally fucking up their work they have been working at for several release
> cycles!
>
> I'll probably have to be spending this and the next release cycle to clean
> up your mess ...

Okay, this is where I draw the line.

The board mailing list, and really, any other Fedora mailing list, for
that matter, is not a place for personal attacks. Period. It's rude,
it detracts from the conversation, makes others reluctant to
participate in the conversation, and, as a word of advice, does
absolutely nothing to make others sympathetic to your cause.

There is plenty of constructive discussion to be had on this topic.
What I just read is not constructive.

Being a part of any of the aforementioned elected governance bodies in
Fedora is really an above-and-beyond duty, regardless of whether or
not one's email address ends in redhat.com.  It takes time,
dedication, patience, and frankly, a willingness to occasionally wade
through bureaucracy; many people in Fedora choose to spend their time
Doing Things elsewhere.  Having four people run for three seats is not
an ideal election, in my eyes; the pool of folks even willing to run,
when they could do things elsewhere, shrinks drastically when they see
emails of that nature, as does the number of folks who even want to
participate.

People want to participate in and influence positive, focused,
constructive discussions. Let's keep it on that path, please. :)

-Robyn