[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:54:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/13/2012 05:39 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 06/13/2012 01:44 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>> Not updating this list [1] ( and the each release list we had previously
>>> before them ) affects other distribution migration work since we are trying
>>> to reduce duplication of migration efforts between distributions.
>>
>> I have been updating that list.  See the History.
>

> Ah you just changed the inprogress to pass I can just as blame that error on
> myself since I should probably have put directions on how to modifiy that
> page as I did in F15/F16.
>
> I'll do it for the F18 page

Ah, ok.  Sounds good.

>> I'm confused, which change, a change I made to a package or the
>> guidleline change?
>

> The changes you made to the submitted units along with suddenly these
> guidelines changes being made at similar time.

Gotcha.

>>> And people should not act all surprised that I'm bit upset after this
>>> especially after I found out that I was tagged on some fesco ticket
>>> because
>>> two individuals got the idea in their head having me bypassing the
>>> packaging
>>> process which was something that I also was never consulted upon. Then
>>> left
>>> me standing there on that relevant meeting hanging for something they had
>>> started. Even today I still wonder what their end game was with this
>>> stunt.
>>
>> Why would that make you upset with me personally?
>

> This had nothing to do with you personally in other sense your actions where
> yet another surprise to me.

I see.  That was not the impression I got from your comments, but it's
good to have that cleared up.

>>> I personally dont think it's to much to ask to be informed about things
>>> involving myself or my work within the community from my fellow community
>>> members.
>>
>> I agree completely.  You were CCd on the Trac, and included in the
>> discussion.
>

> I was never included in any discussion before or at the time of the creation
> of that ticket.
>
> I just got cc to it
>
> The relevant individual should have approached me *before* creating that
> ticket and should have been the individuals making their case since after
> all this was their ticket.

I'm reasonably certain they will in the future, but I can't imagine
that the proposal, had it passed, would have gone through without your
approval.

>>> If you haven't figured it out by now I'm not an individual that likes
>>> surprises...
>>
>> That's fine.  I'm not big on them myself.  But when they happen, as
>> they're bound to in any community, we should work together to fix
>> things.
>>

> Well we can start by fixing our communication errors to prevent these type
> of things from happening in the future.

Off to a good start, I hope.

> There is still alot of work that needs to be done with regards to systemd
> which I will gladly accept any help with from your or anybody else from that
> matter.
>
> We have to continue completing the migration process at the same time
> working on the previously mentioned unit cleanup process.
>
> Then it's a question if this [1] should happen at the same time as the
> cleanup process since we will be going over the ca 600 components all over
> again in it or should be done after the migration process has been completed
> ( that is if it gets approved by fesco ).

Right, we'll have to see what happens.

-J

http://cecinestpasunefromage.wordpress.com/