[Ambassadors] Runoff election for Board seat has begun.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:39:49 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 05:39 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/13/2012 01:44 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>> Not updating this list [1] ( and the each release list we had
>> previously before them ) affects other distribution migration work
>> since we are trying to reduce duplication of migration efforts
>> between distributions.
> I have been updating that list.  See the History.

Ah you just changed the inprogress to pass I can just as blame that
error on myself since I should probably have put directions on how to
modifiy that page as I did in F15/F16.

I'll do it for the F18 page

> I'm confused, which change, a change I made to a package or the
> guidleline change?

The changes you made to the submitted units along with suddenly these
guidelines changes being made at similar time.

>> And people should not act all surprised that I'm bit upset after this
>> especially after I found out that I was tagged on some fesco ticket because
>> two individuals got the idea in their head having me bypassing the packaging
>> process which was something that I also was never consulted upon. Then left
>> me standing there on that relevant meeting hanging for something they had
>> started. Even today I still wonder what their end game was with this stunt.
> Why would that make you upset with me personally?

This had nothing to do with you personally in other sense your actions
where yet another surprise to me.

>> I personally dont think it's to much to ask to be informed about things
>> involving myself or my work within the community from my fellow community
>> members.
> I agree completely.  You were CCd on the Trac, and included in the discussion.

I was never included in any discussion before or at the time of the
creation of that ticket.

I just got cc to it

The relevant individual should have approached me *before* creating that
ticket and should have been the individuals making their case since
after all this was their ticket.

>> If you haven't figured it out by now I'm not an individual that likes
>> surprises...
> That's fine.  I'm not big on them myself.  But when they happen, as
> they're bound to in any community, we should work together to fix
> things.

Well we can start by fixing our communication errors to prevent these
type of things from happening in the future.

There is still alot of work that needs to be done with regards to
systemd which I will gladly accept any help with from your or anybody
else from that matter.

We have to continue completing the migration process at the same time
working on the previously mentioned unit cleanup process.

Then it's a question if this [1] should happen at the same time as the
cleanup process since we will be going over the ca 600 components all
over again in it or should be done after the migration process has been
completed ( that is if it gets approved by fesco ).

JBG

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackagePresets