Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:34:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 14:18 -0400, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>>> The thing is - we have not agreed on any of these suggestions and as
>>> always - suddenly was too late to take an action as there are rules
>>> when the elections should be started... And we need strong agreement
>>> within community, that means a strong proposal. And of course, we're
>>> still open for any suggestions/proposals.
>>
>> Are there too many suggestions, then? Is asking for more proposals going
>> to be productive, if so?
>
> I wonder if the board is waiting for a proposal to emerge from all the
> ideas floated so far that the community supports and those involved in
> making proposals are waiting for the board to choose one?
>
> What really needs to happen here for us to make progress?
>
> John

Not to throw any more flame on the fire, but I really prefer the
current method (the one we've used since Fedora's inception). I really
dislike the direction this has taken. The current mechanism works just
fine for most folks, or they don't care. I think spinning our wheels
on a decision to move forward is probably more one of 'why are we
doing this again?' syndrome. I'm not sure the connotation analysis
that started this conversation really represented the feelings of
everyone in the Fedora community. It certainly didn't for me.

That said, I'm not here to start a flame war or say that a new method
shouldn't happen. I'm more interested in just keeping the status quo
here, since it's fun for those who participate and otherwise not very
painful from my point of view.

Clint