Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 11 15:54:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:34:54AM -0400, Lynn Dixon wrote:
> I completely agree with Máirín.  Beefy Miracle and Spherical Cow just
> sounds silly to me.  I would hate to see the Fedora status quo become
> silly, and ridiculed by the Linux community.

There's a fine line between silly and fun. For me personally, Spherical Cow
is on the fun side and I think Beefy Miracle is over the line -- but, I
ultimately support it, because being silly together is sometimes part of the
"Friends" value. I'd rather see no codenames at all than a really dry
formula.