Fedora naming proposal based on Periodic Table of Elements

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at zonker.net
Thu Oct 11 17:05:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Lynn Dixon <boodaddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I completely agree with Máirín.  Beefy Miracle and Spherical Cow just sounds
> silly to me.  I would hate to see the Fedora status quo become silly, and
> ridiculed by the Linux community.

I think that arguing incessantly about the naming process opens Fedora
up to more ridicule than the names it has produced.

While I've heard folks groan about the Fedora names, I don't think
I've ever heard anyone "ridicule" Fedora for its names.

I've seen this discussion about names pop up multiple times, but it
only seems to enjoy support from a small number of folks who don't
like some of the names picked. Maybe it's time to drop it and accept
that the current system, while not perfect, doesn't need to be
modified or killed.
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/