Reminder: Fedora Board IRC Meeting, TODAY, Thurs. April 11th - 18:00 UTC

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 17:59:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com>wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> A quick reminder that there is a Board IRC meeting today. I'm
> consolidating some of the thoughts on format/agenda, so stay tuned - but
> figured I'd get this reminder out. We'll generally be on the User Base
> topic again though.
>
> What: Fedora Board Meeting (IRC)
> Where: irc.freenode.net - #fedora-meeting-1
> When: 18:00 UTC (2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific, 7pm London/BST, 8pm
> Paris/Brno/CEST)
>
> Please note that we are surrounded on each side of the meeting by Go/No-Go
> and Release Readiness meetings for F19 Alpha, in the same channel, so we'll
> need to keep it on time, and possibly be flexible if the Go/No-go runs over.
>
> Agenda soonish!
>
> -Robyn

In the interest of getting things done today:

* Will take a half-way approach - going to not split off into separate
channels, but will enforce meeting protocol for non-board folks today to
some degree. Meeting protocol can be seen here; mostly hoping to make use
of ? and ! to have a bit more order.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_public_IRC_meetings

* Would like to end meeting with some concrete lists on the following
items, to be documented on the wiki (location TBD) as part of our thinking
process.

** What are the problems we would try to solve by changing our user base,
and why do we think they are problems?

** What do we think our existing user base looks like, or attracts them to
fedora?

Getting agreement on what's wrong (or what's right)  and how things look
*now* is fairly important to have any common ground when it comes to
finding solutions, so I'd like to start here.

-r