Board/Project Governance

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:11:17 UTC 2013

On Sep 11, 2013 7:57 AM, "Josh Boyer" <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com>
wrote:
> > Nonetheless: My main concern is that we are not burning people out, not
introducing additional barriers to contribution, not adding significant
amounts of process without reducing process in other areas, not having to
coordinate 45 elections somehow magically.

> Yes, good things to avoid.  I don't believe the proposal adds a huge
> amount of process or increases any barriers.  As for elections, I'm
> not sure they'll really be impacted at all.  If anything, it's one
> less election to run where we only get 2% voter turnout anyway.

Everytime I can remember getting voter information the board turnout had
been smaller than the fesco turnout (this is perhaps a better measure of
voter participation because the actual people who are technically allowed
to vote in board elections includes a huge number of people who have never
contributed to fedora.

One thing Robyn's email causes me to think about, however, is to make it
clear how the members of this fpl cabinet would be selected.  I think the
answer is "each group sending a representative gets to decide how" but
without being explicit some people might assume they're all elected or some
other uniform process.

-Toshio