Board/Project Governance

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 11 15:24:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing Robyn's email causes me to think about, however, is to make it
> clear how the members of this fpl cabinet would be selected.  I think the
> answer is "each group sending a representative gets to decide how" but
> without being explicit some people might assume they're all elected or some
> other uniform process.

So the original email said:

"Each of those committees, which clearly have a large stake and vested
interest in Fedora succeeding, would chose one member to appoint to
their respective Board seat.  That person would be responsible for
their group's interaction with the Board and the other groups."

Is that not sufficient?  Or is the "gets to decide how" part something
you think needs to be explicitly mentioned?  I mean, we can but it
seemed pretty clear to me the group doing the appointing would decide.
 Otherwise how would they be able to appoint?

josh