first (quick?) issue for the council -- fedora's default firefox page

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 20:14:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone! Let's get right to business. I've got a request for a
> project-level decision. Up through and including Fedora 20,
> http://start.fedoraproject.org/ was the default home page in Firefox.
> At a community member's suggestion, that was change to be
> "about:newtab" in Rawhide, and inherited into F21.

As a user, not sure how typical or atypical a user I am, I find
programs that take me places I don't ask to go a bit unfriendly and I
would prefer the about:newtab default with start.fp.o pinned to it
initially to be the nicer solution from an end user experience
perspective.

John