a fedora council blog?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Apr 16 16:52:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:16:12 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I am speaking as myself and not infrastructure.
>
> Infrastructure had this in place once before. It was a logistics
> nightmare and none of the parties involved were happy with the
> service , plugins available, security updates, spam filtering, and
> themes.
>
> After a short while, it was determined that anything wordpress
> related was better run at an opensource friendly company which
> specialized in blogging software versus running it ourselves. If a
> blog setup is required, I would think that looking towards
> wordpress.com or similar would be a better long term solution.

Right, as smooge says there was once a wordpress-mu setup in
infrastructure. However, people really didn't use it much at all and it
was a pain to keep going with security updates, plugins, etc, etc.

So, we retired it and suggested people should move to wordpress.com as
they were open source and friendly and did this for a living.

However, it seems like instead folks have moved to hosting their own
stuff in openshift. Which is fine, but it means things are spread out
with everyone maintaining their own instances, etc.

Perhaps we should gather stakeholders and see what makes more sense
moving forward? Perhaps we could approach wordpress.com and ask them
for some N sites? Or if people are really using them and we have a
strong group of maintainers we could look at hosting them in
infrastructure again. Or I suppose we could just leave it with everyone
hosting their own stuff in openshift.

kevin