a fedora council blog?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:16:12 UTC 2015

On 16 April 2015 at 05:54, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> In addition to 5tFTW, I've been occassionally posting things like
> <http://fedoramagazine.org/lets-talk-about-fedora-project-objectives/>
> to Fedora Magazine.
>
> However, the general consensus in Fedora Marketing (of which the
> magazine is a branch) is that content there should be on the vast
> majority _user_ focused, rather than inward/contributor focused.
>
> I could set up a personal blog (and aggregate it to the planet), but
> I've never been a prolific blogger and signs are not pointing to me
> becoming one -- I'll probably continue to do a post or two a month (in
> addition to 5tFTW, which I think will stay on the Magazine). I was also
> talking to Remy, and he was wondering where a good place for _his_
> Fedora leadership posts would be.
>
> So, I'm thinking of maybe asking infrastructure to set up a wordpress
> site specifically for council members. What do you think? Council
> members, would you post to it?

Hi guys.

I am speaking as myself and not infrastructure.

Infrastructure had this in place once before. It was a logistics nightmare
and none of the parties involved were happy with the service , plugins
available, security updates, spam filtering, and themes.

After a short while, it was determined that anything wordpress related was
better run at an opensource friendly company which specialized in blogging
software versus running it ourselves. If a blog setup is required, I would
think that looking towards wordpress.com or similar would be a better long
term solution.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.