A Modest FOSCo Proposal

Remy DeCausemaker rdecause at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 19:48:31 UTC 2015

Council,

After much thought and input from Fedorans since I've arrived officially, I finally present for your review a proposal on the future of FOSCo.

tl;dr - Narrowly define FOSCo as a decision making body to handle budgetary requests from subprojects, and revive/revamp the Fedora Commarch Team.

There is a lot in there for sure, but I think the proposal addresses the concerns of the many Fedorans thusfar I've spoken with, gives some concreteness to what the priorities of the FCL are, and a bit of how to get there. I was hesitant to undo the consensus established around FOSCo, but I really do think this is a better vehicle for driving community action, measuring it, and storytelling after the fact.

Looking Forward,
--RemyD.

--
Remy DeCausemaker