A Modest FOSCo Proposal

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 28 19:22:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 03:48:31PM -0400, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
> tl;dr - Narrowly define FOSCo as a decision making body to handle
> budgetary requests from subprojects, and revive/revamp the Fedora
> Commarch Team.

I'm not opposed to rethinking this, because the previous launch effort
kind of ran aground. So, thanks for opening this up.

A few initial questions...

Previously, CommArch was a Red Hat internal group. The intention here
is for the new group with that name to be a _community_ group, right?

Also, if the only point of FOSCo is to handle budgetary requests, why
not just have that be the Council directly?

In your document, I'm unclear if the sections on Delegation, Operating
Principles, etc., is meant to apply to the New CommArch or to the
"narrowed FOSCo". I *think* it's meant to be CommArch and doesn't
address the FOSCo bit, right? In which case, maybe the previous
question answers itself....

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>