A Modest FOSCo Proposal

Remy DeCausemaker rdecause at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 15:53:17 UTC 2015

--
Remy DeCausemaker
<decause at redhat.com>
Fedora Community Lead & Council Member
http://whatcanidoforfedora.org

----- Original Message -----

Yes, the new Community _______ Team would be a _community_ group. There are pros and cons in trying to re-use the "Community Architecture" name. I used it here for a couple of reasons: 1) It is somewhat understand what "commarch" means, whereas there is confusion around what "outreach" means (from the conversations I've had)
2) It is a wheel that already existed, so I felt more comfortable proposing it be 'revamped/revived' rather than creating an entirely 'new' entity.

but

It seems like since this group has a pre-existing identity, it may fall under the same problem as calling it an "outreach" team... so my secondary moniker would be "Community Relations Team," though I don't feel that fully represents the "building of infrastructure and tooling" piece that the Community _______ Team would be working towards. I still prefer Commarch, but if there is too much dissonance/confusion, I'm willing to pick a name with less legacy.

> Also, if the only point of FOSCo is to handle budgetary requests, why
> not just have that be the Council directly?
>
> In your document, I'm unclear if the sections on Delegation, Operating
> Principles, etc., is meant to apply to the New CommArch or to the
> "narrowed FOSCo". I *think* it's meant to be CommArch and doesn't
> address the FOSCo bit, right? In which case, maybe the previous
> question answers itself....

Yes, this expansive list of things that follow (Delegation, Operating Principles, etc...) applies to the Community ______ Team, not FOSCo.

Hope This Helps,
--RemyD.