wording change in trademark delegation policy

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu May 7 13:55:25 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 09:50 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 09:24:07AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
>>> We have a policy for possibly delegating trademark approval to various
>>> SIGs. <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_approval_policy>. I'd
>>> like to update "SIG" to read something like "SIG, Working Group, or
>>> other Fedora committee or team". Any objections?
>>
>> I'd like there to be some sort of Fedora Legal veto in there. I don't
>> anticipate ever having to use it, but I don't want anyone to think it
>> doesn't exist.
>
> That seems basically reasonable. Wouldn't, however, that be a part of
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines>? It
> actually does not seem to be; currently, that document says approval is
> granted by the Council without any mention of a separate veto.

I think it was implicit that the Council/Board would honor Fedora
Legal's veto. The only reason I bring it up now is because we're
delegating it out to SIGs who may not be aware of that situation.

If you'd rather have me put it in the Trademark_guidelines, I have no
issue with it being there, but I do want to make sure the SIGs are aware
of it.

~tom

==
Red Hat