RFC: draft of new privacy policy

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 2 16:36:48 UTC 2015

On 09/02/2015 11:58 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> ""
> we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties
> in limited circumstances, including:
> - for research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such
> aggregated information is used to describe our services and is not used to
> contact the subjects of the report).
> ""

I think this is talking about stuff like the 'State of the Fedora' FPL
slides from conferences, those pie charts and stuff. But that kind of
data isn't personally identifiable so I wonder why that is there. It
seems like the research purposes bullet should be under another
paragraph in the sharing section that says "aggregate user data may
be..." blah blah.

~m