[Design-team] Final wallpaper selection

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed Aug 5 01:16:36 UTC 2009

Hi Matthias!

> I would not really recommend making the size a factor in deciding the
> background. In the big scheme of things 2M or 3M is not going to decide
> whether we fit or not, considering that the outstanding change to dracut
> initrds alone will make us grow by another 15M.

How much space do you think is it reasonable for us to expect to have
for the artwork?

One of the proposed wallpapers is 2MB in size... we'd need a widescreen
version as well, which might bring us to 4MB at a minimum. Then the
various splashes do take up space, depending, I'm not sure maybe 1-2 MB.
I'm not sure how much we've taken up in the past but it seems that
things are tighter than ever - do you think 6MB is a reasonable amount?