[Design-team] Still need help on the Games Spin Screenshots :)

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Dec 10 00:05:58 UTC 2009

Hi James!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to give you  more feedback on these
mockups - FUDCon Toronto has now come and left so I have more time. :)
(I owe you an interview too, I haven't forgotten)

James Mulroy wrote:
>     1) 'I like games! What games are in Fedora? I want to take a look and
>     get a feel for them' - I think this may be the majority case, because if
>     they were seeking Game X they'd search for the upstream site. So we want
>     to enable rapid browsing without a particular goal game in mind.
>

> For this i had a new idea :) I have created another mock up this time
> focusing on getting a feel for the games in fedora, the idea i had was
> to use more of a slide show / featured / spot light area at the top of
> the page to show users straight away what's going on in the games spin,
> rather than having to navigate to get info. This would also incorporate
> the top 10, which i have dropped from the browser.
>
> http://fedora.splictionary.com/spotlight_and_browser.pngpng.png

It seems this is no longer available! :(

Would it be possible to repost or even better, to put it up on the
fedoraproject.org wiki? You could create a new page for it off of the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design page under our project list.

>     - Rather than have the sort by drop down, maybe just have tabs at the
>     top, similar to how we have on the front of spins.fedoraproject.org
>     <http://spins.fedoraproject.org> - by
>     popularity, by alphabetical. Maybe. Or maybe just list them by
>     popularity and provide a search box for people who know what they are
>     looking for?
>
>     What do you think?
>
> I think you're right, a search box would be far more beneficial that
> lettered tabs. I also think the method used to catalog spins on the
> spins.fedoraproject.org <http://spins.fedoraproject.org/> page would
> also suite the games spin as stats and a brief could be presented
> clearly. It would be much better than a screen shot in a box which
> wouldn't allow for much writing to be displayed.

Cool, I look forward to seeing more mocks, do you have the time to do
them? I am hoping we can make this design happen!