[Design-team] First Design Suite Build

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:54:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 16:15 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> > Good points. Actually the target 1 was meant rather as complementary to
> > the spin -- create a spin for designers but also include some work we
> > have done ourselves and are proud of it and tune the look'n'feel of the
> > spin ;-)
>
> Actually, I had the opportunity to think a bit about this part: I think
> is a good idea to NOT customise the look of the spin. Why? Because we
> show this way we care about the "normal" spins being the best we can do,
> don't relegate them to a second place and focus the attention on our own
> "toy".

Well, that's a good reason, however the "normal" spins' (especially the
desktop spin) owners do not ask for our opinion in terms of design other
than wallpaper. Effectively if we want to polish fedora look we need to
do it in our spin first and then bug the other spin owners to implement
it as well... Basically the design spin could (among other things) serve
as a place to look for when you'd like to see a preview of fedora future
look, or maybe a better phrase would be "a preview of what the design
team would like fedora to look like".

> Of course, in addition to that we can have a ton of additional themes we
> like to play with.

Yup, that's a good suggestion.

Martin